pyxl writes:
> Found a bug in 3.23.40 with GRANT:
>
> Statement:
>
> grant file on db.* to peeps@"%" identified by "password";
>
> emits no error message, however when one does a select for that user
> from the user table, one
> will find that the user "peeps" which was dutifully created has NOT been
> given File_priv - in fact,
> they have no privileges at all.  The same will be found for that user in
> the db table - no reflection
> of file_priv access (I think that's because there is no such thing in
> the db table, iirc).
>
> Anyways.  I'm just happy to have found a real-live bug in the most
> recent release.  Of course, it's
> probably already been reported.
>
> Oh, and another thing:  When doing the statement above, the variation:
>
> grant file on db.tablename to peeps@"%" identified by "password";
>
> Scott
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi!

All above is expected behaviour !!

You are right about the error message, though and we shall code it in
as soon as we find some time.

Your first grant command is wrong as you tried to grant global
privilege (FILE) on database level.

Your second grant command is wrong as you tried to grant global
privilege (FILE) on table level.

Behaviour is different as global and database GRANT is handled with
one function in MySQL server and table GRANT with another.

--
Regards,