Hello all!

I have a question for all of you... I would very much appreciate your
input.

I'm building a database for a radio station.  The database must allow
the DJ to enter what they play and when, and allow the program director
to create weekly reports for the record labels.

I'm wrestling with how to design the database.  I have already
determined, via beginnings of normalization, that I need separate tables
for Albums, DJs, Genres, and so forth... The problem I'm having is how
to store the track data.  I have two ideas:

First, to maintain a single table with every bit of track data there is
(ie, title, artist, length, etc) and store this data into the albums
table via either a bitfield (ie, binary additions, etc) or via a comma
(or other) delimited list... ie "32897,39823,1234,29844" etc.

The problem with this is that there are probably nearly 250,000 tracks
among all of our assets...

The other thought would be to have an album table that would contain
things like the label, artist, number of tracks, etc, and another table
that would contain the track data for that album... ie "1238_tracks".

I'm rather new to all of this, so I don't know the relative
benefits/detriments of these two options... can you give some advice?

Thanks,
Ben