Hi All,

I have a problem that came out of nowhere and seems
only to affect inserts and only on 2 tables.

The machine is a linux box w/ 2gig of memory and 2
pentium gig procs.. Mysql 3.23  One script that locks
the tables, does an insert in one query to a table
that is 120,000 record and another which is 100,000
records both <10 mb in size.

a week or so ago, the perl script that does these
inserts into these tables started to hang. The table
does not get updated, all the other queries stop and
the system load goes through the roof.

We optomize the tables daily and on these tables the
time has increased a lot. I am reading the FM and it
says 4gig is no problem.. I am at 7mb and hanging on a
smoking machine...

Any ideas where to look for problems?

Thanks in Advance..

David