Hi !

If am not wrong, you want to know the connection string that MyODBC uses to
connect to MySQL server running on local host ?

Generally for ODBC, here is the format of the connection string:

"DSN=data_source_name;UID=username;PWD=password" where in

DSN <-- Data Source Name
UID <-- User Name
PWD <-- Password

On Unix, when you want to use MyODBC without any driver managers, then you
need to link the MyODBC static library to your application, which will use
only MyODBC at run time.

On the other hand, when you are loading the MyODBC at run time through
iODBC/unixODBC driver managers, you need to create the DSN for MyODBC by
adding some fixed definitions to ODBC.INI and ODBCINST.INI (optional), which
normally resides in /usr/etc directory, which inclides

-- DSN name (user choise)
-- Path and the file name of the MyODBC driver
-- Listening protocal and port
-- Server name
-- Database name
-- UserName and Password
-- General Description (optional) and so on.

So, when the ODBC application is linked with iODBC/unixODBC, at run time the
Driver Manager(iODBC/unixODBC) validates the DSN given in the
SQLConnect/SQLDriverConnect APIs and based on that it loads a particular
driver by reading the driver/DSN related options from ODBC.INI

Once this DSN validation (Loading the respective driver) is done means,
MyODBC driver sends the following information to the server for the
connection purpose by reading it from ODBC.INI:

-- Host Name
-- User Name
-- Password
-- DSN
-- Database Name
-- Listening port

For more details about ODBC connection and its parameters, please refer to
the following MyODBC online manual from MySQL AB.
http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_ODBC.html#ODBC

If you need any further assistance, please send the comments to
[EMAIL PROTECTED], that way it will be exposed to MyODBC community.

Thanks in advance
venu