In the last episode (Aug 15), Nathanial Hendler said:
> I have a table that holds a lot of information.  I tried to INSERT
> something into it, and received...
>
> DBD::mysql::st execute failed: The table 'fancy_big_table' is full at
> ./tom_to_mutt.pl line 156.
>
> The table is 4G is size.  The table's Max_data_length = 4294967295 (4G)
>
> I'm running the MySQL server on a FreeBSD system, and this is not a
> file system limitation.  I am using MyISAM tables.

I wonder if there is still a 4gb limit on dynamic MYISAM tables?  Is
there a 4-byte offset used as the pointer in indexes for this table
type?  I checked some of my databases and all the dynamic tables have
4294967295 as their max length, where the fixed tables vary; one has
115964116991.

The docs do mention MAX_ROWS and AVG_ROW_LENGTH together; maybe you
need to specify both of them for mysql to bump your table limits above
4gb.

If that doesn't work, and you can spare the wasted space, try
converting your table to fixed-length rows (convert all varchars to
chars).

--
        Dan Nelson
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]