I suppose there will always be that facet out there
that think spending $46zillion dollars on Oracle
is ok because saying 'we use Oracle' is just plain sexy
and the option includes, you know, a free t-shirt and
hat.

Im sure there are specific valid reasons for not using
MySQL. None of them were expressed in the quote-unquote.
IMHO, the arguments presented were uninformed, misleading,
and more than likely self-serving.

 Mike Robinson
 IT / Developer - Toronto Star TV
 Phone: 416.945.8786