Hi John,

I can understand what you are explaining. But I am puzzled by the fact that
the other GUI client works but MySQL VCC doesn't, although I don't like the
other one much (it is somewhat slow). You can see from the first snapshot that
I specified database name as "samp_db". In what sense was it trying to access
the database 'mysql' instead of the "samp_db"? I checked the server log and
could not find any action to access "mysql" when I used the other GUI client.

Is there any debug flag I can open to see what is going on behind?

I think MySQL VCC would be better from my impression on the help file.
But so far I just get stuck here.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your time.

Shu