Hi

At 02:12 20/08/2001 -0700, Shu Xiao wrote:

>Hi John,
>
>I can understand what you are explaining. But I am puzzled by the fact that
>the other GUI client works but MySQL VCC doesn't, although I don't like the
>other one much (it is somewhat slow). You can see from the first snapshot that
>I specified database name as "samp_db". In what sense was it trying to access
>the database 'mysql' instead of the "samp_db"? I checked the server log and
>could not find any action to access "mysql" when I used the other GUI client.

The database "mysql" contains user access privileges, so the first database
to be queried after connecting is "mysql". If you don't have the correct
privileges the error you mentioned is returned

>Is there any debug flag I can open to see what is going on behind?

MyVCC is compiled with debug libraries but you would need a working copy of
MS VC++ V6.0 in order to view the debug output

>I think MySQL VCC would be better from my impression on the help file.
>But so far I just get stuck here.

Can you send me some information regarding the version of MySQL you are
using and any start up variables you have set for the server - check out
my.cnf and/or my.ini and I will run some tests to see if I can find out the
problem.

>Anyway, thanks a lot for your time.

No problem, I am always available to help