>Does that make any sense?  I'm not trying to slam MySQL, I'm just concerned
>about displaying the logo on a web site that says "powered by MySQL" or
>modifying the logo like folks used to do to produce all kinds of cool
>enhancements to the name MySQL.

Did you try to get permission?? I'll bet it's quite easy. I'll even bet you
don't have to pay for it..

I guess this has everything to do with the NuSphere stuff.. Most of the
intellectual property (trademark) laws do require the person (company) who
has the trademark to enforce it. Otherwise it's useless.

If they require you to ask permission then it's their right and a
requirement of the law. In most laws the holder of the trademark can give
others permission to use their logo..

Now.. what would you prefer.. many forks all using the same logo or that
they require you to ask for their permission.

Bye,

B.