At 01:10 06.09.01, you wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>I got a sql query I seemed to be missing the obvious or just can't see.
>Database Table structure:
>CREATE TABLE `membership` (
>   `tagid` int(8) NOT NULL default '0',
>   `startdate` date NOT NULL default '0000-00-00',
>   `expdate` date NOT NULL default '0000-00-00',
>   `days` smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
>   PRIMARY KEY  (`tagid`),
>   KEY `days` (`days`)
>)
>
>CREATE TABLE `tags` (
>   `tagid` int(8) NOT NULL auto_increment,
>   `orderid` int(8) NOT NULL default '0',
>   `finderid` int(8) NOT NULL default '0',
>   `tagnumber` varchar(10) NOT NULL default '',
>   PRIMARY KEY  (`tagid`),
>   UNIQUE KEY `tagnumber` (`tagnumber`),
>   KEY `orderid` (`orderid`,`finderid`)
>);
>
>What I need to do is extract all the tagnumbers,days and expdate where the
>orderid equals the tagid in both the "tags" and "membership" tables.

okay,

"extract all the tagnumbers,days and expdate"

select tagnumber, days, expdate from membership, tags

"where the orderid equals the tagid"

where orderid=tags.tagid and tags.tagid=membership.id;

i´m not quite sure if I understood you correctly. above query gets you your
data joining the tables together on identical tagids and selecting all rows
where tags.tagid=tags.orderid. is that what you wanted? otherwise, ask...

greetings,
hgs