Hi!

Sorry for the REAL long response to this thread.  It took just a long
time for our lawyers to understand what we really want to do with the
MySQL AB trademark.  They are so used to protect all issues regarding
their clients trademark that they don't understand that some of the
restrictions they wanted to impose on us is not in our best interest
(:

I have also been busy too busy on getting 4.0.0 ready for distribution
that I haven't had a lot of time to spend on this.

You can find our revised trademark policy at:

http://www.mysql.com/company/trademark.html

I hope this clarifies all issues that has been up on discussion.

We want people to make it easy to use our trademark, we only have to
be carefully that no-one misuses our trademark so that we would risk
loosing it.

Regards,
Monty
CTO of MySQL AB