Now that the patch for Gemini has been created and made
available for the new MySQL 4.0 alpha release we are
back whole again.

I am told that binaries for the complete MySQL 4.0
with support for Gemini tables are now available via
mysql.org for everyone to use (MyISAM and InnoDB also).
These MySQL server binaries can be used as-is under the
GPL without any requirement for a commercial license
under any circumstances regardless of the specifics
of the application.

As for as 4.0 features you can add the following to
the list:

        o SHOW LOCKS statement

        o Gemini performance improvements in checkpoint
        processing and cluster reuse (recovery log).

        o Lock optimization - MySQL executor acquired
        more locks than required for common queries.

        o General bug fixes to core MySQL function
        that benefit Gemini.

We have done recent benchmarks with IBM and OSDL on MySQL
with Gemini which we presented preliminary results at Open
Source Database summit conference a few weeks ago.  If
anyone is interested in those slides please let me know.

BTW, MySQL will be a major topic at the Linux Lunacy
Geek Cruise next week.  NuSphere is the major sponsor
for the event helping make it possible for speakers
like Richard Stallman, Eric Raymond and Monty along
with myself to further the open source revolution.
Drop me a note if you plan on being there!

Britt...

--
*** NuSphere Advantage *** Winner Best Developer Tool ***
                  LinuxWorld 2001

D. Britton Johnston       603-578-6707 Nashua
Chief Technology Officer  781-280-4954 Bedford
NuSphere Corporation      781-280-4600 Main
14 Oak Park               781-280-4646 Fax
Bedford, MA 01730         www.nusphere.com