Hi everyone,

There's been some discussion recently on the need for a FAQ and posting
guidelines for the MySQL list. I got to thinking about that... :>

I belong to another list, called the SunMangers list. (I'm sure there's other
SunMangers members here. Hi! :> )  The SunManagers list is a wonderful
resource for getting timely help for those times when you're stuck and just
can't get something to work correctly.  Some of the top people in the Sun
world are on that list, and they can be very generous with their time to help
others.

That list has been in existence for a *long* time, and is so successful because
the members have developed some rules to make it work well.

I asked the SunManagers Information Files maintainer, John DiMarco
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, if I could create a set of guidelines for the MySQL
list based on those that are posted regularly to the SunManagers list, and he
graciously gave his permission.

I'm also volunteering to maintain this document, and to post it periodically
to the list.

So, here's the proposed Guidelines.  Take a look.  Thoughts and constructive
comments are welcome and encouraged. Flames go to /dev/null :>

Thanks everybody!