Hi !!!!

This is due to invalid connection parameters supplied in the
DSN entries. for a particular MyODBC DSN, you might have specified only the
valid DSN and other fields you left it as blank, and that's why driver behaves
as you explained above.

Please refer to the following link, for more information on how to setup
a DSN for MyODBC with different connection parameters.
http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_Clients.html#ODBC_adm
inistrator

>       Also I've noticed that using Access as a front end to MySQL it seems
> to not bring through data that is using a type of bigint. Is this a
> limitation of using Access as a front end? If so what other column types
> would MS Access not support?

As per the ODBC spec, BIGINT is not a privileged data type with 2.x
specifications, so MyODBC doesn't support this. The new MyODBC 3.51
which is going to be released shortly supports BIGINT.

For more information about Access-->MySQL data types, refer to the
following thread:
http://lists.mysql.com/cgi-ez/ezmlm-cgi?4:mss:7537:200110:nbhnfhhlmikphfjkncdh

Regards, venu
--