Hi I recently upgraded MyODBC as you stated on our terminal server
and two PCs. Now I tried running the install.bat file but it didn't seem to
work so I just looked at the batch file and did it all manually. I believe
for some odd reason the variable %windir% wasn't working. Either way the
upgrade seem to go over well. The only issue I noticed since upgrading
MyODBC to 2.50.39.00 is that now I have two MySQL drivers installed or so it
appears. The first driver is "MySQL" and the second is "MySQL Driver". Both
show the version at 2.50.39.00 and company as "MySQL AB". Is this a problem?
The main reason I ask is for some odd reason on our terminal server the
users using MyODBC are prompted with the MyODBC dialog box and seems to be
missing the password. I've checked the registry and it's in their perfectly.
If you enter the password manually when the dialog box appears it works with
no problem. I do not want the users knowing this password (even though they
could look it up in the registry, smile). How do I stop this dialog popping
up and use the password I providing the System DSN profile? Is this issue
maybe related to me having to MySQL drivers?