Correct me if I am wrong. You are using Linux correct? I seen your post
before but was leaving for awhile and could not help.

Using the Linux theroy: Everytime you use anything you still get a beep
correct?
If so, you have sound enabled on all system functions therefore when you
open close or in some cases do command prompt work it beeps. Mine did this
on one install,,cute for about one hour<G> Look through you control panel
for sound and there is where you rid yourself of it.

WinNutsItsBrokeAgain can do the same thing, remember the Old DOS games<g>,
through the PC Speaker.

M;)