From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2001 6:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: lost in the Land of Oz Parking Lot (I hope this message makes
it through!)

Dear Noble X:

     {I tried to email you but I failed, MISERABLY!!   My AOL Screen
Name, Cyberbean, came with attachments, I hope this mail makes it
through the border of all that is good.
Please Help!  Thanks!}

  I am lost.   I am a very VERY green newbie, and I am struggling on
just how to begin.   Basically, I have bought a book, entitled, "PHP and
MYSQL Web Development" . ,  I have downloaded mysql-3.23.43.tar.gz, the
install for windows document (yes I have not even made it passed the
Install!   Oh I am PATHETIC!) says to use Setup.exe for windows.  The
problem is I can not find that file anywhere.

  The bigger problem is, I do not know which 'platform' to enter any
code in, and once entered, how do you run it as a web site???.

  I have been using FrontPage for my website, mothermachine.com (which
is in a state of utter chaos) and found that I really do not like
FrontPage.  My questionable quest began when I tried to authenticate my
message base, and I discovered, after a few wrong turns and dead ends,
this whole new world.

  Basically if any of you can help me out by pointing me in a direction
for beginners, I will be ecstatic and will return the favor if I can,
maybe by, once I learn, helping out another newbie.   I tell you, this
message is a New Hope, if not a last resort.  I have been hunched over
my computer for quite some time.

   I have Windows 98 on an older computer which I am using to experiment
with code.  Can you help?.  Thanks!!!

Jason Mintel