On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 03:22:31PM +0200, Sinisa Milivojevic wrote:
> Grzegorz Paszka writes:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I've problem with mysql.
> >
> > I had i386 RH71 (kernel 2.4.13, 1.5GB RAM, single procesor)  with mysql 3.23.36
>(now I have 3.23.41 and problem still exists).
> > I run myisamchk on table zawartosc:
> >
> > [root@tygrys rpm]# myisamchk -c -i -v -w  zawartosc
> > Checking MyISAM file: zawartosc
> > Data records: 6995929   Deleted blocks:       0
> > - check file-size
> > - check key delete-chain
> > block_size 1024:
> > - check record delete-chain
> > No recordlinks
> > - check index reference
> > - check data record references index: 1
> > Key:  1:  Keyblocks used:  98%  Packed:    0%  Max levels:  4
> > - check data record references index: 2
> > Key:  2:  Keyblocks used:  65%  Packed:   60%  Max levels:  7
> > Total:    Keyblocks used:  69%  Packed:   56%
> >
> > - check record links
> > myisamchk: error: Checksum for key:  2 doesn't match checksum for records
> >
> > Record blocks:     6995929    Delete blocks:         0
> > Record data:     398291567    Deleted data:          0
> > Lost space:        5259802    Linkdata:       26232723
> > MyISAM-table 'zawartosc' is corrupted
> > Fix it using switch "-r" or "-o"
> >
> > Of course I used switch -r and problem still exists.
> > Second I used switch -o and problem still exists.
> >

> Hi!
>
> I hope you have not run myisamchk while server was running ????
Of course.

> If yes, then that would explain things. Try using CHECK TABLE SQL
> command instead.
I did something like that:

mysql> check table zawartosc;
+---------------+-------+----------+--------------------------------------------
------------+

+---------------+-------+----------+--------------------------------------------
------------+
| rpm.zawartosc | check | error    | Checksum for key: 2 doesn't match checksum
for records |
| rpm.zawartosc | check | error    | Corrupt

+---------------+-------+----------+--------------------------------------------
------------+
2 rows in set (2 min 56.04 sec)

mysql> repair table zawartosc;
+---------------+--------+----------+----------+
| Table         | Op     | Msg_type | Msg_text |
+---------------+--------+----------+----------+
| rpm.zawartosc | repair | status   | OK       |
+---------------+--------+----------+----------+
1 row in set (14 min 10.89 sec)
mysql> check table zawartosc;
+---------------+-------+----------+--------------------------------------------------------+
| Table         | Op    | Msg_type | Msg_text
|     |
+---------------+-------+----------+--------------------------------------------------------+
| rpm.zawartosc | check | error    | Checksum for key: 2 doesn't match checksum for
|records |
| rpm.zawartosc | check | error    | Corrupt
|     |
+---------------+-------+----------+--------------------------------------------------------+
2 rows in set (1 min 58.75 sec)

mysql> repair table zawartosc EXTENDED;
+---------------+--------+----------+----------+
| Table         | Op     | Msg_type | Msg_text |
+---------------+--------+----------+----------+
| rpm.zawartosc | repair | status   | OK       |
+---------------+--------+----------+----------+
1 row in set (14 min 4.54 sec)
mysql> check table zawartosc ;
+---------------+-------+----------+--------------------------------------------------------+
| Table         | Op    | Msg_type | Msg_text
|     |
+---------------+-------+----------+--------------------------------------------------------+
| rpm.zawartosc | check | error    | Checksum for key: 2 doesn't match checksum for
|records |
| rpm.zawartosc | check | error    | Corrupt
|     |
2 rows in set (2 min 0.96 sec)

> Do you want to say that there is no way that you can repair MyISAM
> table ??

Yes, I say more, that I created new database and filled it by perl script from data
source and I have the same situation. I think that is the best way of rebuild index
file :)

So what I should do in this case ?

--
Grzegorz