--- Dan Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> As long as there are no active connections, killing mysql will not
> affect the database.  If you kill mysql during an update, you risk
> corrupting any indexes on the tables being modified.  If your tables
> are BDB or InnoDB format, you should be able to kill mysql at any
> time
> without damaging your tables.

What about the mysql database itself -- the grant tables?  I'm the only
user right now (and my partner will join a bit later on), but I my
project won't go "public" until it gets onto a more stable server, so
I'm not worried about any connections being open, but won't the grant
tables be accessed when I execute mysqladmin shutdown?  Oh... right,
I'm not executing that.  Alright, that's good news!  Thanks!

Erik