I have been trying to load the textual contents of a file from my hard drive
space into a field (Description) of my mySQL table (Software) using the
follwing query.  The query runs succfessfully, however, none of the contents
are loaded into the field, in fact, the Description field is not updated at
all:

UPDATE Software SET Description =
LOAD_FILE(/usr2/home/khan/www/cgibin/protecting/Describe/description_file)
WHERE ID = 9

I have used single and double quotes around the file name without success.
In the mySQL documentation, it says that I need FILE privileges.  I asked my
ISP to give me these privileges and still it did not work.  I am pretty sure
the ISP is using PHP 4.  Please provide any leads you may have.  The
permissions on the description_file is 777.

Sharaaz Khan