----- Original Message -----
From: "Carsten H. Pedersen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Sharaaz Khan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 1:52 PM
Subject: RE: LOAD_FILE does not work

> > I have been trying to load the textual contents of a file from my
> > hard drive
> > space into a field (Description) of my mySQL table (Software) using the
> > follwing query.  The query runs succfessfully
>
> How do you know that it's successful? What success/error codes
> (if any) are returned?

When running the query manually from the mysql utitlity, I get the
following:

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
Rows matched: 1  Changed: 0  Warnings: 0

> > <cut>
>
> > ISP to give me these privileges and still it did not work.  I am
> > pretty sure
> > the ISP is using PHP 4.

PHP version 4.06.
mySQL Client API version 3.23.32

> Knowing the MySQL version is probably a lot more interesting. Make
> a PHP script containing just the line <? phpinfo(); ?> and load
> it into your browser. That will give you information on both.
>
> >  Please provide any leads you may have.  The
> > permissions on the description_file is 777.
>
> What about the rest of the path? Is that readably by MySQL as well?

I ran throught the entire path and all have read access, except for
/usr2/khan/www and below.  I don't think it is a good idea to have the world
have access to all me text files in my web site.  Do you?

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Sharaaz