Norman Khine wrote:

> Welcome to the MySQL list;^) good to see you here...

*grinz* It's weird being a newbie again :-P

> "In inserts InnoDB uses the insert buffer to merge secondary index records
> to indexes in batches. That saves a lot of disk i/o. In rollback no such
> mechanism is used, and the rollback can take 30 times longer than the
> insertion."

Well, I'm not doing any rollbacks, just groups of inserts followed by a commit.
Changing the number of inserts per
commit doesn't seem to have an effect one way or another.

Are InnoDB tables dog slow on inserts and lightning quick on selects or am I bashing
my head against something silly?

If it helps, this is currently on Win2K, 3.23.44-max-nt.
The machine has about 600Mb RAM and a 20GB Ultra80 SCSI drive, along with two PIII
500Mhz processors.

Any ideas still greatfully received ;-)

Chris