From: Peter Harvey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 1:01 PM
To: Won Lee; mysqlList
Subject: Re: ERD

> Anyone know a good ERD program that will also interact with MySQL to write
> the CREATE scripts?  As usual open source would be nice, also running on a
> win2k workstation.
>
> I used to use PowerDesigner.  Nice software but too expensive.

I have used PowerDesigner for years and have found it to be a great tool.
But
it has always been very expensive. So I created DataArchitect.

Data Architect is ERD centric, works on Win2K and Linux (has been ported to
others such as OSX but not availible on those platforms yet). Its file
format
is XML and it works with MySQL and PostgreSQL... as well as others via the
SQL92 model.

I encourage you to check it out at...

http://www.codebydesign.com/DataArchitect

OR

http://www.thekompany.com/products/dataarchitect/

Buying a copy will allow us to get more resources on this, and at least two
Open Source projects (unixODBC and FreeTDS).

Suffice to say we are not out to make a bucket load of cash we just want to
fund our development. Some people buy Data Architect just to encourage the
development. Of course; it is already very useful.

Peter

BTW: I am currently working on a Report Builder which is inspired by Crystal
Reports.