Oh, okay, you want to know how to use NetInfo.

Do "man niutil" and read the man pages on niutil.  Also very useful, in
the following link is a brief description of how to use NetInfo Manager
to do the same thing if you prefer GUI:

http://developer.apple.com/internet/macosx/osdb.html

It tells you how to create a user.

Erik

PS: don't use System Preferences' "Users" to make dummy users for MySQL
and other services.