Little problem with MySQL 3.23.46 under Windows ME. I'm trying to create
a database from an .sql file (the dumped remains of a functioning
database--also MySQL). The dumping was easy, but I'm having a problem
putting it back. I have a dumped file called smarts.sql that starts this
way:
---------

# MySQL dump 8.14
#
# Host: localhost    Database: smarts
#--------------------------------------------------------
# Server version        3.23.38

#
# Table structure for table 'about'
#

CREATE TABLE about (
   id smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
   lang char(2) default NULL,
   recordname varchar(40) default NULL,
   key1 tinytext,
   key2 tinytext,
   status varchar(10) default NULL,
   title tinytext,
   par1 tinytext,
   PRIMARY KEY  (id)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

#
# Dumping data for table 'about'
#

INSERT INTO about VALUES (1,'en','about'
-----------(and so on)

This is what I'm doing to try to recreate the database locally:

1. I type "mysqladmin create smarts"

OK--I see a new directory called "smarts" (no files in it)

2. I type "mysql smarts < smarts.sql"

It pauses for a few seconds (seeming to input the file), then returns
the DOS prompt with no message, error or otherwise. Seems to have
worked, right? But when I check the 'smarts' database directory, there
are no files in it. (Incidentally mysqld is running.)

What am I doing wrong??

...Rene

---
René Fournier