[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> More so will i need to open MySQL server on my local machine before running
> MySQL client to connect to the remote machine e.g.

A client is a client and a server is a server. The point of separating
the two is that you can then run the client somewhere and and the
server elsewhere. So no, you do not need to have mysqld running locally
to connect to a remote server. An decent analogy would be that you do
not need to have a web server running to surf the web.
I'd recommend you not to run anything that you do not need. Each
additional server or daemon is a potential security hole. This is
certainly true for mysqld, where the default privileges are very
permissive.

//C - pissed off at procter & gamble for screwing up his shampoo.

--
 Carl Troein - Círdan / Istari-PixelMagic - UIN 16353280
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://pixelmagic.dyndns.org/~cirdan/