Good morning Kamal,

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> More so will i need to open MySQL server on my local machine before running
> MySQL client to connect to the remote machine e.g.

No. The service (mysqld) is strictly assigned to managing the local database(s) and to
serve access to those databases to whomever it sees fit. The question of who is seen
as fit is determined by the GRANT statements used earlier.

The client simply connects to a MySQL server someplace. That server might be local, or
it might be on the other side of the planet.

---
Rodney Broom
Programmer: Desert.Net