restart mysql --skip-grant-tables

Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Darcy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 19 December 2001 10:32
To: Jeremiah Jester; 'MySQL'
Subject: RE: Reset MySQL Root password

or rpm -e $PACKAGE then re-install.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremiah Jester [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 18 December 2001 22:35
To: 'MySQL'
Subject: Reset MySQL Root password

Well it seems as though i may have mistyped my root password for mysql since
nothing seems be working. Anybody no how to set a new root password or how
to reset the old password in mysql? Already tried uninstalling the RPM from
in hopes to redo the install but when i try it tells me the package hasn't
been installed. odd. When i try to install (reinstall) the RPM it tells me
the package cannot install because it is already installed. Grrr.

JJ