Sinisa

                    Milivojevic          To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    <sinisa@mysql        cc:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    .com>                Subject:     Re: I *think* that I've just
found the most misleading item
                                         in MySQLGUI..

                    20.12.01

                    10:57

                    Please

                    respond to

                    sinisa

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

[skip]

>> My /etc/my.cnf begins with this:
>> [mysqld]
>> datadir=/var/lib/mysql
>> socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
>>

>Wrong !

>mysqlgui code will look in [client] options header, like all other
>clients.

I believe you.
But apparently this doesn't work so well in UNIX.
Why would I else have to manually input the socket path in the GUI itself
(socket field)?!
Hey, if this is a bug, be sure I'll find it! *eg*
And no, I don't have a corrupt mysql installation nor a corrupt Linux
installation in general.

Andreas