Hi

I have a question on the table_lock_waited and table_lock_immediate
variables
for MySQL.

On my server, am seeing the sum of 'table_lock_immediate' and
'table_lock_waited'
way less than 'Questions' for 'show status' (only about 40%). Although I do
run queries
like 'show status' they are definitely not run as often.

Am running Mysql 3.23.40 with raid option on MYISAM.

So:

1. Is 'questions' equals to the number of SQL statements sent to server?
2. Any explanations for the difference above?
3. Does every select, insert, and update that works on 1 table incur 1 lock,
i.e.
    EITHER of the table_lock params will be increment for such queries?

regards,
Teck Lee