----- Original Message -----
From: "Shankar Unni" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2001 12:57 AM
Subject: Re: Stored Procedure

> [ obfilter: mysql database ]
>
> Sinisa Milivojevic wrote:
>
> > Cafetechno writes:
>
> >>When The Stored Procedure Capability will be
> >>included in mySQL
>

> > Take a look at myperl on http://freshmeat.net
>

> Interesting start, of course.
>
> What would be nice is to support a proper "create or replace
> procedure/function" type syntax with a body in Perl or Java. Java
functions
> would either need to use JDBC to perform queries and access results
> (painful), or need a preprocessor like SQLJ to convert high-level SQL
> syntax to JDBC statements. Perl would need a module like Perl::DBI.
>
> But this is definitely a major undertaking, worthy of a project of its
own..
> --
> Shankar.

worthy project of its own ?

So, mysql will not implement a stored procedure as built-in object in near
future.
For my experience, the stored procedure was so powerfull rather than
creating some query in client side and more easily to be maintain in server
side.

I heard in version 4.01 the stored procedure will be implemented too ? is
this correct or not ?

regards
cafe