On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 08:43:30PM +0100, Carsten H. Pedersen wrote:
> <cut a'lot>
>
> > In the end:
> >
> > 1) "Pass-through Queries" don't give me any problem with stupid
> > PopUp forms
> >    asking for confirm, but can not be used if I must refer to a MS Access
> >    Object in the sintax of the query.

Sir, I missed the post that this was quoted from. Why can't you grab
the value contained in the object in your VBA code and add the value
to the pass-through query on the fly?

Strictly speaking, we're talking about semantics here, not syntax.
The object reference is in the right place, but MySQL doesn't
understand it.

> > 2) the "Action Queries" can read MS Access objects but need to be
> > confirned
> >     each time I execute them. If you consider that in some macroes I have
> > 4 or    5 "Action Queries" one after the other, you will understand that
> > it is       very unconfortable.
> >
> > So, as there's no way of making MySQL read data in MS Access Object, is
> > there a way to avoid stupid PopUp forms asking for confirm to an "Action
> > Query"?
>
> Can't you simply set your localized equvalent of "SetWarnings" to off?
> (in access-vb that'd be "DoCmd.SetWarnings Off". It can be set in

    DoCmd.SetWarnings False

> a macro as well, though I wouldn't hazard to guess the Italian
> translation).

You can also turn off the warnings globally, on the Edit tab in
Tools/Options. Uncheck the appropriate boxes under 'Confirm'.
Carsten's solution is probably better in most situations.

BTW, this thread is no longer MySQL related. This and most other
Access development questions are answered in the Access help
files.

> > Greetings from Italy
>
> And some from Denmark, as well...

I lige maade.