* Emmanuel van der Meulen
> 1. Assuming the website grows very large with high volumes and a database
> exceeds disk space, please advise what is the remedy?

Add HW or remove data...? Not sure if I understand your question...

> 2. Seeing as for the said website I use transactions, thus also the innodb
> options, please advise whether I can place individual databases
> at different locations.

Yes, you can.

> Note; it seems the filename.sym, does not apply to the innodb
> files, therefore only the database table definitions are placed in the
> filename.sym redirecting location.

I don't understand this, sorry.

> 3. When using innodb options (for transactions), please advise
> whether data is stored in the tables or the innodb files?

ehhh... don't know if I understand this... the data is stored in tables (db
teminology) and the tables (thus also the data) are stored in files (os
terminology).

> 4. Please advise, with different databases do they all share one set of
> innodb files -

No, each database is stored in separate file folders.

> thus if this is the case, how is data for
> different databases backed up separately?

Not a problem.

--
Roger