I have 3 UNIX users on my server.

test1, test2, and test3.

I have created 3 users for mysql test1, test2, and test3 (shock horror)

If I want to connect to the database as root then I understand I must do
mysql -u root -p

but I would like test1 2 and 3 to be able to type mysql and be either logged
in as their unix username, ie test2 types mysql and connects to the database
as test2 (mysql account)
or at least be prompted for the password for test2.

The only way I can think of doing this is by setting up an alias ie

alias mysql_connect=`mysql -u $username -p`

there must be some sort of autologin from username like in oracle.

Thanks,

Matt.