Walt,

Yup, we use Innodb with 3.23.46 on Linux 2.4.2. I can't tell you whether
things are better than they were on 2.2 kernels but we're updating
tables just about that quickly I'd say. Largest table we have is a log
table which has 50 million rows in it so far. Thanks to Innodb row
locking, we've significantly improved insert versus select query
performance.

I've heard (I think I read this in a magazine) that prior to 2.4.4
kernel, there are some virtual memory issues with Mysql, so I'd be
interesetd to know what kernel version you have... memory management
changed a lot between 2.2 and 2.4, so that would probably account for
the changes you're seeing.

JOhn