From: Doug Thompson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 10 January 2002 04:39
To: James Montebello; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Gerald Clark; Ho Kam; MySql List
Subject: RE: command mysql -u $user without typing it ????

Matt:

I don't remember you saying what machine you're running mysql on.

Try adding another copy of the same user only @localhost.  My win32
installation requires that for a dos box.  The hosting
service I use doesn't seem to care as it almost seems to ignore the Host
column.

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO foo@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'password' WITH
GRANT OPTION;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO foo@"%" IDENTIFIED BY 'password' WITH GRANT