On 10 Jan 2002, at 10:32, Marjolein Katsma wrote:

> The list is too valuable for me to leave - but it really SHOULD be
> subscription only.

Of course it should be.  Every other big list I'm on is subscriber-
only and doesn't have these spam problems, or the annoyance of the
filter (which I hope is managing to block some spam as well as all
the legitimate messages it bounces).  I've only been subscribed for a
few months, but I've seen this question raised again and again with
no response.

Why *isn't* posting to the MySQL list restricted to subscribers?

--
Keith C. Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Washington, DC