Hi,

I read the documents, but still I confuse how to use COMIT/ROLLBACK.

I have 3 tables, I want to INSERT a data into 1st. table then, if it is OK, I want to UPDATE second table, and if it is OK,
then a data from 3. table will be deleted...

But if error exists during operations,  all processes will be cancelled.

Also, 2. and 3. table will be locked for UPDATE, DELETE respectively.

To be able to do this, (in RedHat 7.2, MySQL 4.0 Max, apache with PHP/MySQL support)
- What is the changes in the configuration of MySQL Server
- What is the SYNTAX for this?
- Do I need to know something else?

and if does anybody know PHP(or in some other language), do you have a simple example code?

best regards...
thanx...