At 19:46 2002-01-10, Steve Rapaport wrote:
>Okay guys, let's not get our panties in a twist.
>
>I've just scanned through the last 1500 postings and
>come up with about 7 spams.  On the other hand there
>have been at least 4 times that amount of messages
>griping about spam, which you will acknowledge is
>just as off-topic.

That proves it's a REAL problem for subscribers to this list.
If the list were limited to subscribers only, there wouldn't BE any spam, and no
"griping" about it either.

>If you raise the noise ratio from .5% to 2.5% by whining
>so much, who is really the problem?

The list  management - because they do not limit posting to subscribers only.

>Query: can we now sweep this non-database issue
>
>under the table, and just talk about MySql? :-)

NO! Because we cannot sweep spam under the table. The only way to deal with spam is to
fight it.

I will continue complaining about spam on this list, until it stops.
We have requested numerous times to make the list subscriber only. It's not rocket
science and would keep spammers away.
The best way to save bandwidth is to prevent spam in the first place.

--
Marjolein Katsma
HomeSite Help - http://hshelp.com/ - Extensions, Tips and Tools