At 07:16 2002-01-11, Michael T. Babcock wrote:
>On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 08:55:35PM +0100, Marjolein Katsma wrote:
>> That proves it's a REAL problem for subscribers to this list.
>
>No, it proves that some subscribers (like yourself) have real problems.
>
>Your E-mails will all be blacklisted at my border if I see you whining
>about this on-list again;

So?

> whine to the administrators _in private_.

This is a matter that concerns all members of this list. If I am in a minority, fine.
But even a minority should have a voice.
The fact that people are actually *leaving* this list because of the continuing spam
should give the administrators (and you ) a clue. Wouldn't they rather lose the
spammers than valuable list members?

>> >If you raise the noise ratio from .5% to 2.5% by whining
>> >so much, who is really the problem?
>>
>> The list  management - because they do not limit posting to subscribers only.
>
>Your logic skills are extremely lacking.  The list administration did not
>require you to post your whining to the list.  I don't want to hear what you
>have to say about spam; I ignore the spam as, obviously, do the hundreds of
>other subscribers not whining on the list.

My logic skills are fine. The list administrators are forcing me to pay for
downloading the spam they let through. They should not.
I don't mind paying for member's posts, I do mind paying for spam.

As long as spam is allowed here, this will keep coming up.

Ignoring spam is not a solution - we *all* pay for it because of the huge costs
involved with the bandwidth it takes up.

>PS, I post to a lot of lists I'm not a member of.

So do I.

>  The ones that _require_
>membership for me to post lose my traffic as well as my use of their software.

The ones that do not require membership to post *all* suffer from spam. Hence I much
prefer posting by members only.

database,sql,query,table

--
Marjolein Katsma