Hi,

        I also did experience the same problem converting a 2 million + row table
from MYISAM to INNODB.  It took 3 days!  I had highlighted the problem to
Heikki. (thanks Heikki for the response previously :)).

        In my case, there was no UNIQUE KEY for the table, but just an index on one
of the varchars.  However, common to both schemas in your email and mine was
the primary key which happened to be an auto_increment :

>SubscriberID int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
>PRIMARY KEY  (SubscriberID),    I

>msgid  bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment
>PRIMARY KEY (msgid)

        Could this be a problem?  Anyway, to get around this long conversion
process, I performed the conversion on a table on a slave to the master
MySQL instance, then let the replication update this new InnoDB table.  On
the next scheduled downtime of that particular service, I did a switch of
this replicated InnoDB table to the master, and then moved the original
MyISAM to be the slave.  I'm happy to report that I experienced the same
performance improvements with InnoDB and it's row-level locking.  Needless
to say, the users of the service are a lot happier :)

        Next thing would be to work on another table, but this one is about 100+ GB
so it might take a while :)

        Any comments?

Cheers,
Geoffrey

Geoffrey Soh, Software Architect
Ufinity - http://www.ufinity.com
Leading Enterprise Access Management Software!
9 Scotts Road, Pacific Plaza, #06-01, Singapore 228210
Tel   : +65 830-0341
Fax  : +65 737-0213