Hello all!

We've requested a database from different companies, and specifically
said we wanted MySQL or PostgreSQL because of the open source angle
and we're a library.
One company offered MS SQL as the platform and said that they can later on
port it to MySQL. For this they wanted 18 000 euro. Now, what I want to know
is, how easy is it to port a (fairly complicated) database from MS SQL to
MySQL? It can't be work worth 18 000 euro, now can it?

Cheers,
Markus

--
Markus Lervik