Hello,
  I am trying to decide which OS to use for a dedicated mysql server for my
website.  I need filesize >2GB support.  I really wanted to use Solaris, but
there are no drivers for my RAID adapter (long story).  I was considering
NetBSD, but I don't know it well.  I was then back to thinking about Linux.
So, I can't keep all the OS/kernel/requirements in my head...

Can RedHat 7.1/7.2, out of the box (ie. no patches, kernel re-compiles, etc),
support files >2GB?

Will I be able to easily re-compile mysql to support large files?

Should I stick with the version of mysql on the RH disto, or download/install
the latest stable version?

Can someone comment on the stability of mysql on redhat 7.1/7.2?

Thanks!

-Hank