On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 10:18:08AM -0500, John Kemp wrote:
: Hank,
:
: 3. Do not use the RH mysql version. Get it from the Mysql website, and
: use 3.23.47-max (which includes Innodb support) or higher.

What's wrong with the RH mysql version?  I've been using it for 5
months without a problem.  It has built-in support for both BDB
and InnoDB tables and doesn't appear to have any problems with
enterprise-class systems.  Then again, we're using InnoDB tables,
so we're not limited by file-size.

Is there a reason to use MySQL's version over RH's?  The only
difference I can see is that RH's compiles it to work with different
(read: standard RH) filesystem layouts, uses the standard RH
initialization files, and has some RH-tuned config files.  They're
not patching the source at all, and my understanding is that the
compile options are verified for the specific RedHat version.

* Philip Molter
* Texas.net Internet
* http://www.texas.net/
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]