Hi!

Sinisa> Trond Eivind Glomsr=F8d writes:
>> Sinisa Milivojevic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>>=20
>> There is a slight difference between advanced, non-standardized
>> tuning/backup/load-balancing like that and core SQL functionality no=
>> being present.
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Trond Eivind Glomsr=F8d
>> Red Hat, Inc.
>>=20

Sinisa> This depends on the definition. Where do you draw your definiti=
ons
Sinisa> from ??

Sinisa> And core SQL functionlity that we speak about IS present.

Trond, I don't mind having a discussion about which database is better
for a certain task.  I don't however think it's appropriate to try to
summarize a comparison in a couple of words, in a way that can easily
confuse people;=20

Please take a look at the MySQL-PostgreSQL comparison I have written
at at:

http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_Introduction.=
html#Compare_PostgreSQL

Email your comments/suggestion to me and I will update the document
to reflect those issues you think we have missed.

After that, we can just refer the users that are interested in this
topic to this page, without having to have a heated discussion that
will not gain anyone on the MySQL lists.

Regards,
Monty