On Wednesday 06 February 2002 12:29, Alok K. Dhir wrote:
> The way I look at it, MySQL gives you a choice of table types, so you
> can pick the one best suited to the task at hand.  For raw speed where
> you can do without transactions, you can go with MyISAM.  Otherwise you
> have Innobase.  I'm not sure where/why db3 fits in, haven't been
> bothered to look into it yet.

I have to agree, I like having the choice, I have some applications that I
feel would be hurt by the overhead of transactions. I have other applications
that were more difficult to develop without transactions. Now I can have my
cake and eat it too. Choice, one of the main reasons I switched to Linux, and
now, one of the main reasons I'm happy I chose MySQL in the first place!

John