I am having some problems with MySQL and FreeBSD SMP 4.4 (STABLE) and
(FAST) on an Intel platform.

First, some vitals :
---------------------

I am using the MySQL 3.23.48 FreeBSD 4.4 ELF binary, along with the
latest versions of DBI/DBD::MySQL.

I installed the binary, setup was no problem.  I compiled the DBI and
DBD sourced from CPAN.  Again, no problem.  Also using perl 5.6.0 that
came with BSD.

The Problem
-----------------

I have a problem that rears its ugly head semi-occassionally.
Basically, I get the following error.

DBD::mysql::db tables failed: Can't read dir of '. /p0_samt_trans/'
(Errcode: 2) at /var/SAMT/code/SAMTlib/SAMTdb.pm line 2552, <FILE> chunk
138.

If I repeat the code snippet that caused that error not two seconds
later, it will work fine.

There seems to be no pattern to the occurrence of the error.  No
trigger.  It just happens out of the blue.  It also happens to any of
the Databases, not just the one listed above.

Any ideas - any help would be much appreciated.

Brad,