Hi Ken,

Here are the values:

kern.maxfiles: 24616
kern.maxfilesperproc: 22154

They are slightly less than 25716, is there any way to check if this upper
limit becoming reached sometimes?

Now there are question about innodb tables and 4.0.1.

1. What can be gained by switching to innodb inside 3.23 version, will the
effect be significant?

2. Going to 4.0.1 with innodb - will it bring additional effect, what is
more important - innodb or 4.0.1 or both?

3. How can I run both 3.23 and 4.0.1 on a single server, so I can play
with 4.0.1 before transfering all databases to it? Starting both versions
of daemons seems to be simple enough, but it seems the problem will start
with the client part - how perl libraries (DBD) can deside to which mysql
version they should connect? So can the mysql 3.23 clients libraries be
used with 4.0.1, or what are the ways of solving it?

Luck

Alexander Varshavchick, Metrocom Joint Stock Company
Phone: (812)118-3322, 118-3115(fax)