Hello, I am a beginning MySQL and PHP user. I will run a MySQL database on a
remote hosting server, and I have only limited access to the database at
that server. I want to populate my database off-line at my home machine, and
then upload the whole thing (100s of lengthy entries) to the server. But I
don't have direct access there. So I suppose I'll have to do something like
exporting my data to a text file, upload the text file to the root of my
domain at the server and re-create the database from there. I don't think I
can run any tool on the server; I work with .php files there.

So my question is: how would people normally go about this task. Would I
need to write a script for in- and export of data, or would there perhaps be
a handy tool that takes this out of my hands?

Thanks, Marco Bleeker, Amsterdam