Hi Dan,

Your suggestion works but it slows down things a lot.
Thats just a workaround, my quick tests showed it takes about 30% longer for
the query to complete...

It seems to be a bug in mysql, but the problem is that my whole thing is
running fine on a bigger production system and I'd not like to update mysql when
it's not really necessary... it does about 60 queries/second and is pretty
important for my client's business... i dont like experiments...

maybe someone of mysqlab could comment the problem in a few words?
is there are workaround with better performance?

thanks
Richard

http://www.gmx.net